Food Collection Drives
Host a food drive with your group to collect nutritious food to be utilized in our Choice Food Pantry. Together serves around 15,000 families every year, and your efforts will ensure that our shelves are always stocked with healthy and nutritious food.
Register – Complete Together’s online registration form.
Decide where you want to have the food collection drive.
Decide where you would like to host your Food Collection Drive. A food collection drive may be held at a local grocery store, corporate office, farmer’s market, place of worship, in your neighborhood, or any place you can organize a group. If at a local grocery, use the list provided below to contact the store manager to determine a date and time for your Food Collection Drive.
Hy-Vee Super Saver
(402) 384-9072 (402) 895-6611
8809 W Center Rd 5710 S 144th St
Omaha, NE 68124 Omaha, NE 68137
Hy-Vee No Frills
(402) 697-0811 (402) 556-9225
14591 Stonybrook Blvd 820 N Saddle Creek Rd
Omaha, NE 68137 Omaha, NE 68132
Hy-Vee No Frills
(402) 334-4444 (402) 896-4339
1000 S 178th St 1220 S 203rd St
Omaha, NE 68130 Omaha, NE 68130
Hy-Vee Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club
(402) 493-0390 (402) 697-1054
3410 N 156th St 12580 L St
Omaha, NE 68137 Omaha, NE 68137
Decide when you want to have the food collection drive.
If you are organizing at your school, corporate office, place of worship, or neighborhood, the date, time, and duration of your Food Collection will be up to you. Ensure that your group will have enough time to prepare for your Food Collection Drive, to collect food donations, and to deliver your collected food items to Together. The collection time for these food drives typically last one to two weeks.
If you are organizing at a local grocery store, the date, time, and duration of your Food Collection Drive will be determined when you contact the store manager. The collection times for these type of drives typically last three to five hours and occur during the period of one to two days.
Who will be involved?
Establish who will be in charge of each step in organizing and carrying out the Food Collection Drive. Who will contact the store manager and Together? Who will organize and schedule volunteers? Who will promote the Food Collection Drive within the community? Who will deliver the collected food items to Together afterwards?
What supplies do you need?
Determine what supplies will be necessary for your group’s Food Collection Drive. Common supplies needed include: boxes for food collection, paper sacks for community members to collect their donations, signs and posters to publicize the Food Collection Drive, and handouts or fliers letting community members know what food items are being collected.
How will you host the food collection drive?
If you are hosting at your school, corporate office, place of worship, or neighborhood, Food Collection Drives include these steps:
1. Contact Together and organize the Food Collection Drive.
2. Let people in your community know about the Food Collection Drive, where the collection boxes are located, and what food items are being collected. Use social media to get the word out! Post pictures of your food drive, and tag us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram!
3. When the collection boxes are full, contact Together and schedule a delivery date for the collected food items.
If you are hosting at a local grocery store, Food Collection Drives include these steps:
1. Contact Together and the store manager to organize the Food Collection Drive.
2. Let people in your community know about the Food Collection Drive: when and where it will be happening, what food items are being collected, and how they can volunteer.
3. When the Food Collection Drive is over, contact Together and schedule a time to deliver the collected food items. In the case that your group collects more food than can be delivered, please contact Keith at (402) 718-3563 to schedule a pick-up.